Monday, June 7, 2010

Book Sharing Monday

I use a spanish accent when reading this book The kids love that! One time when I read it my hubby walked in the room and started to laugh. I guess he didn't expect all of my dramatic Spanish sounding talk. Ah ha ha!!

Elena's Serenade is a beautifully written book about a little Mexican girl who wants to be a glass blower like her father, but in her time and culture girls couldn't be glassblowers. So she dresses up like a boy and goes to Monterrey, to where the great glassblowers are.

On her long journey to Monterrey she meets many animals and helps them all out by making music with her glass blowing pipe.  When she gets to Monterrey she proves to the men that she can blow glass better than anyone, making beautiful things with her pipe, by making music while blowing glass.

Does she ever become a female glassblower with her father? Read and find out!

Throughout this book Spanish words are introduced in a way that incorporate them into the story which  makes learning the language more fun.

2 comments:

l said...

Spanish accent hey?? I will have to hear that ;)

Learning With Passion said...

Bah ha ha ha!!! It's probably so funny listening to me!