Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Are we Really Sewing?!

Austyn and Zoe have asked more than once to sew up a pillow or stuffed animal. I'm not a very crafty person, so I'm a bit surprised and excited that I got everything ready and got them sewing. It's only felt pillows but it's a start.

I had a little plastic needle for Zoe but I couldn't get the holes punched in the felt so I let her use a regular needle. Actually on the first try I let her use a needle work needle which isn't as pointy. She loved it. She has made another pillow since this. 


Austyn enjoys it as well and so do I because it seems to have a calming activity for them both. My kids are energetic and loud most of the day and this is a time where they seem to naturally sit quietly and concentrate.

1 comment:

Denise said...

How great! I am not a crafty person either, so I am always happy with myself when I do something like this too. lol Looks like they had fun.