Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Another Rocket

 Austyn chooses what activities he wants to do for his homeschooling. Much of the time he chooses math or science. This is a recent project we did.

 We made another rocket. We have many rockets and this one was in a fun book we have here in our home library. It's one of his favourite books to do activities from now and I got it from another unschooling blog. It's called Show Off - How to Do Absolutely Everything One Step at a Time by Sarah Hines Stephens and Bethany Mann.

I love the book but I was disappointed in our rocket attempt. This is our second time trying to make a homemade rocket and trying to get it to take off. This book had a better design than the other one we did in the past from another book. We followed the instructions and all we got was a little "pop" sound and the rocket jumped about an inch. That was it! It's so funny because we are suppose to keep it away from windows. I'm not sure, but I think that jumping an inch wouldn't hurt the windows. LOL! Here is Zoe trying it out after we got it to jump a few times on the one sack of baking soda.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been so busy, it is a challenge to keep up! Love the rocket projects, and I'm sorry this one didn't fly.

Ms Eva said...

I love that you allow his interest to carry your curriculum (or at least a portion of it). I see he is wearing a BMX outfit ... does he ride? My son just started at the end of Sept (the season closes at the end of Oct) but I'm delighted I could spark his interest. He's already looking forward to March (when the season reopens) and he can ride on a new bike (he hopes Santa will bring one). :)