Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rediscovering a Book!


While sorting through our home library I found a book that seems to fit perfectly for us this summer. It's a book that I picked up at a used book sale and we've not used it yet. I was flipping through and it seems to be something that would work well for us right now. 

It's all about nature. It's packed full of nice quick reads and activities. The book is nicely broken up into usable subject groups. Here is the list of subjects broken down in chapters. I think we may do the subjects out of order. We'll just choose what makes sense for us to study first.

Here are the Contents:

Chapter 1
Trees

Chapter 2
Green Plants

Chapter 3
Soil

Chapter 4
Animals

Chapter 5
Birds

Chapter 6
Insects and Spiders

Chapter 7
Weather 

I am a bit excited about this book and our activities. I can't wait to share some of them with you here as we study nature in our neighbourhood.

No comments: