Monday, September 20, 2010

Book Sharing Monday - Birds


I've been so busy that posting on this site has been hard for me. Life may even get busier here. I'll try and do more posting regardless.

Here is a book that has worked well for us right now. Last year Austyn was into insects and this year it's all about birds. Lately it's been about hawks. This book is a great introduction to birds. It's called Birds Nature's Magnificent Flying Machines by Caroline Arnold and I can't forget the illustrator, Patricia J. Wynne. We've been reading many books on birds lately and this one is the best one I've found so far to give a nice introduction to all of the aspects of birds and their lives. It's not too long or overly textbook like. We really liked the format. The illustrations are well done.

No comments: