Thursday, November 5, 2009

Egyptian/Sumarian Clay Hieroglyphs



It was a bit hard for them to actually do their own letters in the clay but I had them play with it after we read about it and then when they were done I asked Austyn if he wanted me to do his name on his clay. He thought that it was so cool! I ran out of space and had to curve the last letter. Zoe wanted to keep her clay piece as she made it so we left hers as her art work and she cleaned up for me. The clay is now drying in our homeschool room.

“Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words. They are the hieroglyphics of angels, loved by all men for the beauty of the character, though few can decypher even fragments of their meaning.”~ Lydia M. Child

1 comment:

Connie said...

How cool!!! Model magic sure is fun!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by Dirty Footprints Studio today & for your sweet comment.

You have the most adorable little kiddos!! AND--I completely applaud you for being a homeschool Mama!! That is so awesome! Years ago I used to teach art once a week to homeschoolers--and I adored those children...all the homeschoolers I still meet are always the most interesting, intelligent, compassionate young people. I hope to homeschool my own children one day as well.

Peace & Love.