Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pumpkin Fun!


We didn't get pumpkins until Halloween. We went shopping for books for Austyn since he got a book gift card for his birthday and on our way home we picked up some pumpkins.Wow! We may not have gotten the best pumpkins of the season, but they sure are cheap if you get them on Halloween! This was the first year that the kids drew their own face to be cut out. It was a bit of a challenge to figure out just how to cut out their faces, but I did it. So each of them had a pumpkin and the other was mine and Daddys. I drew the face and he cut it out. It was a fun family time. The kids were a bit hesitant about sticking their hands into the pumpkins, but they did it. I collected some seeds and roasted them with some butter and salt like every year and just like every other year they still don't like them. At least I tried. I'll do it again next year. It's tradition.

“Produce great pumpkins, the pies will follow later.”~unknown

No comments: