Saturday, November 7, 2009

Another Walk with Discoveries



When we discovered this fallen tree Austyn said that the could walk across it over the creek. I told him not to because, even though I have no doubt he could do it, if he does fall it will hurt because the water would be so cold and our walk home would be long. Once he climbed up on it he realized that because the bark is all gone it's very slippery.


 





 These leaves were found like this. I found it amazing that there would be enough order in our world that these two leaves would actually fall like this onto one another. The world is so amazing!




This leaf is so cool! It looks like a face. The kids wanted to grab it right away but I stopped them long enough to take this shot. These are the kinds of things that help me understand some of the religions out there that I wasn't told much about growing up. It is so obvious that there is Spirit in all things.




Austyn figured out that he could use the slide as a ramp to propel stones up into the air. I finally told him to stop because I didn't want anyone to get hurt. After that, with the help of Zoe, they discovered that a slide with stones coming down on it is very slippery and hard to climb.




I'm sure those rocks are cold but they wanted to cover up Austyns feet and hands.





 

This poor bee was inside one of the bolt holes on the play equipment. Austyn found it. Apparently still alive and has been there for a while since there is a bunch of poop under it. Poor thing!




Ya... I don't mind if my kids get dirty especially if they aren't in good clothes. They are kids and love to have fun.






I'm not sure how many more days like this we will get this year. It was nice to get out and enjoy the weather and the fresh air. The breeze was cold but it was still nice. 










No comments: