Thursday, October 17, 2013

Great Book - The Willed Curriculum, Unschooling, and Self-Direction

This is one of the books I've read recently. The author is a child advocate and father of two girls. One of his daughters has decided to go to school and the other has decided to homeschool. They follow, what he calls "the willed curriculum", which I thought was the most clever name I've ever heard for unschooling. Most of us hate the name unschooling for some reason or another and so many names have popped up to replace it. 

It's not just about the new title for unschooling that I love. It's the fresh perspective of what it really means and what it would look like; living life with love, trust, respect, care and compassion to help facilitate a life full of learning with your children! I thoroughly loved reading this book and found it to be a great addition to our unschooling library. I am so happy that finally someone with some education background in Ontario has written a book on unschooling!



No comments: