Monday, May 6, 2013

Book Sharing Monday - A Quiet Place

This book is a great book about a quiet place. We all need a quiet place sometimes. I'm not sure why, but my kids aren't all that interested in quiet places on their own. Talking to other parents, I've learned that it's a common thing of today. If your kids take time to themselves somewhere quiet, be glad. I remember going off on my own, as a small child, and playing in the back yard. When we lived with relatives in the country my kids went out on their own all the time without even thinking, but at all of the homes we've lived in they refuse to go outside alone. My theory is that homes with small yards in subdivisions don't promote kids to go out on their own.

So, all that being said, this is a great book about a child being in a quiet place and surrounded by nature. My kids didn't really enjoy this book as much as I did. I think they couldn't relate to it, since they don't do this much. Being afraid of bees and wasps make it even more difficult.

No comments: