Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Audio Books with a Trick

We have been paying for a membership with Audiobooks. They have online access through their website from any computer and you can download the app to our iPhone, iPad, and/or iPod. There is a fairly extensive selection of books (Americans have more than Canadians). 
We listen to books at mealtime, while out, at bedtime and just about any other time that seems to work for us. It is great for homeschooling and also for my own personal use. 

I am in a reading challenge this year with GoodReads. I have given myself a BIG task this year. If I can do it I will be so proud of myself. My goal? Read 100 books this year! With our busy lives, audio books have helped with this goal. I can listen while doing housework, working out, or while watching my kids when they are at a hockey practice, power skating, or gymnastics. 

We do have a very nice docking station for my iPhone, but when it is not in reach or I am not able to use it, I use a ceramic planter that we have sitting in our kitchen. There is no plant in it yet, so I place my phone inside it and direct the opening toward me. It works great!



No comments: