Monday, February 11, 2013

The GoodReads 2013 Reading Challenge

Wondering where I've been? Well, I joined the Good Reads Reading Challenge for 2013. I joined it late and have been trying to catch up! I've aimed high for my goal, so it's been a fun challenge to try and catch up. I love to read and am even more now of how much I love it by giving myself a kick in the pants to read more. I especially like to read what "I" want since I usually read to the kids and just read what they want. It's been great!

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Racingmom has read 8 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

How do I plan on reading 100 books in a year? I read many types of books. I will summarize what types of books we use.

I read e-books. They are great because with an iPhone I can read anywhere. I can get e-books from the usual online places like Kindle and I can also borrow them from my local library.

I listen to audiobooks. The app/website I use for this audiobooks.com. I can download two books on each device at any given time. These books can be listened to at lunch time, bedtime, when watching the kids practice a sport, or while cleaning the house. 

I also read good, old books! We have a huge library of books here, with many of them still unread and we visit the library on a regular basis.

I've been including books that I've read to the kids, as long as the books are long enough. Wish me luck and if you love reading, maybe you want to join in and set your own reading goal for 2013!

No comments: