Monday, December 24, 2012

Reindeer Poop!!

 I'm not sure how she remembered, but I think it was three years ago, that we made Raindeer Poop at a friend's house, and Zoe has been bugging me to make it with her. I wasn't even sure that the kids liked it, and if I recall, I threw most of it out.

 I looked it up on the internet, because I wasn't sure I'd be able to find the original recipe we used. It turns out that there are many versions of it. I did end up finding our original recipe in the recipe cupboard and that is what we used. 

Reindeer Poop Recipe:

8 C Chex cereal
1-2 C puffed rice cereal
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c peanut butter (could substitute with more chocolate chips)
2 T butter
1/2 t vanilla
2 C powdered sugar

1. Place cereal in a large heat-proof pan
2. In a microwave-safe dish melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. (Heat one minute and stir. Repeat heating only 30 seconds and stirring until melted)
3. Stir vanilla into chocolate mixture.
4. Pour chocolate over cereal and stir until well coated.
5. Pour cereal mixture on waxed paper and allow to cool slightly. Break up the big chunks. (If you are doing 1/4 at a time, add powdered sugar to the mixture in a large zip-lock bag and shake until all the pieces are well coated. Pour into a large pan and refrigerate until hard.


While searching for versions of the above recipe I came across some great poems to go along with our Reindeer Poop!

Short Reindeer Poop Poem
I heard you’ve been naughty,
so here’s the scoop.
All you get for Christmas this year
is reindeer poop.

Long Reindeer Poop Poem
I woke with such a fright when I heard Santa call…
“Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!”
I ran to the lawn and in the snowy white drifts,
those nasty reindeer had left “little gifts.”
I got an old shovel and started to scoop
neat little piles of reindeer poop!
But to throw them away seemed such a waste,
so I saved them, thinking-you might like a taste!
As I finished my task, which took quite awhile,
Old Santa passed by and he sheepishly smiled.
And I heard him exclaim as he sped off in the sky…
“Well they’re not potty trained, but at least they can fly!”


HERE is the website I found with the poems and there is a free printable reindeer poop label in case you'd like to give it as a gift.


No comments: