Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sun-Catchers

 I've started to read blogs again. I usually don't have time, but lately I've been up early and on the internet to start my day. I was reminded of this craft. It's not the same craft as the blog I read, but it reminded me of it and knowing how many small crayons we had, I thought it'd be a good way to use some of them up.

 The kids grated some crayon colours into piles and put them into the muffin tin, to use.

When they were happy with the colour(s) they made designs on one half of a long piece of waxed paper. The other half is folded over top and I ironed them together.

 Here are some of their creations. This is Zoe's.

Zoe did this one as well. She cut all of hers into shapes.

 Austyn did this one on his own.

 Austyn and I did this one together.

I find that Austyn is less independent with crafts then Zoe. He doesn't like to do crafts on his own. This is due to his over-perfectionism. He is too upset when it's not perfect. I'm happy that he did do some on his own this time. He isn't too into cutting out shapes, so he left his creations as large square sheets of wax paper. I think they turned out great!

No comments: