Saturday, June 11, 2011

Nature in our Yard

 When looking at the house I noticed this nest. Even the owner didn't notice it, but I guess I must have an eye for these things. When I saw some little finches hanging around the tree I was hopeful that they were going to use this nest but they haven't returned since I took this picture.

 This is a beautiful lilac bush. The flowers opened a day or two after this picture.

 This bee was dying so we put it in a jar and it die. Now we have it to observe.

Austyn caught a damselfly under the lid of this jar and when he went to try and let it out to catch it in the jar the insect flew right in. We got a close up look at a live damselfly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What lovely pictures of springtime! I especially like the nest. It looks like it's in a cozy place. :3