Monday, April 18, 2011

Doing It On Their Own

 From watching my children, I find it hard to understand how others can't see that children will learn on their own. They will naturally pick up and do important activities that they are ready for. People will ask my when I make them do Math or Spelling. I don't make them. In fact much of the time they do it on their own with the resources I keep around the house or they ask me to do it with them. Zoe decided to try and type to daddy on MSN Messenger. This is a great way to practice spelling in a real life situation (which is way better than spelling drills, in my opinion).

That same morning they decided to read. Austyn read me a book and then Zoe decided to read to him a book she chose. He helped her if she couldn't sound out a word.

No comments: