Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Cards!


 
We finally got to our Christmas Cards. I just set us up and they jumped right in. Whenever I'd ask if they wanted to do Christmas cards they didn't want to, but once they saw all of the supplies spread over the table they were game. I thought that hand prints would make it personal. So, they each chose a Christmas colour and the largest hand was first and the smallest on top. So Austyn went first.

After they dried I showed Austyn how to stamp the letters for "Merry Christmas". Him and I got to work stamping and Zoe got busy stamping herself and her paper. Then I printed in large letters at the top inside the cards the names of the people that the card was addressed to and Zoe traced the letters. They both signed their own names. Austyn keeps trying to do fancy letters but when he saw how many cards he had to sign that cleared up fast and he just printed his name neatly.


“It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.”~ Pablo Picasso

No comments: