Thursday, November 19, 2009

Austyn's Menu


 
Austyn decided yesterday that he wanted to play with our kitchen in the basement. He wanted to cook me food. This lead to the idea of having a restaurant and he'd serve me food. This idea lead to the idea that he'd need a menu and he'd serve Daddy food instead. So, we got to work making a menu from the items he had available in his kitchen. This is a HUGE break-through for us since he really shows little to no interest in printing words.

I rarely had to point out mistakes as he went along. He noticed his mistakes in most instances and tried to remember to do the letter correctly the next time he needed to write it.  He was very specific with his items. When I'd suggest a shorter version (eg. juice instead of grape juice, or beef instead of corned beef) he refused to take the easy road and wanted to be sure that the menu was done correctly and that the items listed were specific to what he had in his kitchen.

I felt SO PROUD of him!!!

I am so proud I almost forgot to add a quote here! LOL!

“Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feelings that you cherished them.”~Richard L. Evans

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would enjoy visiting Austyn's restaurant. It is an impressively long menu, with nice variety!

l said...

Way to go!

Unknown said...

Isn't that an awesome feeling?