Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Blueberry Picking


We went blueberry picking today with friends. I will have to get a picture from someone else since my camera died. Blueberry bushes are so beautiful. I think it would be amazing to have our own bushes. We all picked berries and we sat under an apple tree and ate snacks. The kids ran around, climbed the tree and saw a couple of birds nests. It turned out to be a very hot day even though it called for rain. When we got home we made jam and took it over to our new neighbour's house. I washed a bunch more to freeze and some are in the fridge for smoothies tomorrow. I think I'll order "Blueberries For Sal" from the library tonight. What a great classic book that many kids in school have probably never read, but it's on just about every homeschool reading list I've ever seen. What a soothing image in my mind... sitting with the kids on either side of me eating blueberries and reading the book. Sigh...

Hmm... I just thought of this... What better way to learn about the first people of the world who were hunters and gatherers!! We just learned how they gathered berries, in a sense.

“I don't look like Halle Berry. But chances are, she's going to end up looking like me.” Whoopi Goldberg

(Okay... so I couldn't find a berry quote that worked but you have to admit this one is kinda funny. I just wanted to see if anyone is paying attention. LOL!)

No comments: