Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Mommy, what is a test?"

Austyn asked me "Mommy, what is a test?" I felt so proud that I'm an unschooling mother in that moment. Strange, right? I mean, look at the stress that he is missing out on. He is a high stress kind of kid without any of that. So many things stress him out. Little things! Today he cried because his pants were too loose and I didn't come quickly enough to help him tighten them. 

Sometimes I wonder if he even has any idea just how lucky he is and how few stresses are in his life. I wish I had his childhood. He is so free! It's amazing to watch him learn and explore his world. 

It's so different than school. A mother told me that her 3rd grade daughter comes home stressed over tests. I'm so glad he doesn't have to worry about things like that. What a lucky kid!

No comments: