Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I CAN'T TAKE IT... I MUST BLOG! LOL!!

Okay... so it's been a long time for me not to be blogging our activities on here. What a bummer that I can't import pictures easily like I could before blogger updated their import program. I've had some issues with my computer and have been doing things Austyn and Zoe's computer. While using their computer I discovered that this blog doesn't look the same on PC. On my computer the blog looks beautifully aligned and everything looks in place but on their computer it looks much different. So, I'm due to update the look soon. 

It's not easy because we are so up in the air right now. We could be moving for work soon. Things have been up in the air for a long time and it's getting to be tiring looking up homeschool laws and apartment rentals in different cities across Canada. I am now to the point of just wanting to know where we are going and when. I am tired of not knowing. 

So, with things being so busy and strange lately it has made it even more difficult to blog, but I just have to do it. It may take me hours to update you on what we've been up to since I have to go through a lengthly process with each image just to get it on here now, but I'm doing it anyway. Here goes! Here are a few of the things we've been doing at home.

I take it back!!!! I can import images right from my computer again!! YIPPPY!!! Life is going to be so much easier now that I can do this! I'm so ecstatic!! Oh ya... the picture... ha ha ha!! This is a picture that Zoe drew after watching the new movie out called How to Train a Dragon. There are some extras that came with the movie and in the extras there is a part that teaches you how to draw the main dragon in the movie.

This is the dragon that the man drew and she tried to follow along and copy. I think she did an amazing job for only being 4 years old!

We've not been doing as much music but Austyn has played a bit here and there. His guitar needs to be fixed. It has a short but he still strums away at it.

I went through almost all of our things and purged. While doing that I came across these blocks that they've not played with in a long time. They still don't want to get rid of them, apparently. 

Austyn got a skateboard for his birthday.

Zoe likes the skateboard as well.

Austyn got two Crayola glow stations for his birthday. This one is like wall paper. This is Zoe using it.

Zoe found these old curlers in a bathroom drawer and asked me to use them on her hair. 

Here is her hair after using them.

I got some craft supplies from a new friend over the summer and we finally used some of them. These are, what I use to call when I was a kid, Shrinky Dinks. I think that was the name. I can't remember what the actual brand name of these are, but they were fun. You draw and colour pictures on them, cut them out and put them in the oven. They shrink and become a thick plastic tile in the shape you cut.

I drew the letters for each of their names and that night they were mixing the letters around to make other words so I asked them if they'd like lots of silly letters. They wanted me to make more.That night I stayed up and drew them all and cut them all out. I had them set out on pans to place in the oven first thing the next morning. That is what we did. 

The whole next morning we played with the little letter tiles we made. We did sight words, phonics, and spelling. It was a great time! 

We made our jack-o-lanterns for Halloween. We are really going to miss having Daddy home when he goes back to work. 

Austyn decided one day that he wanted to sit and do all of the puzzles we have with me. We didn't get through them all, but we did most of them including the hardest ones.

This is what Zoe calls her "Character". She wanted me to take a picture of her holding her character's hand. I thought this was so adorable. She just loves to draw life sized pictures on our white board.
 
Well I guess that wraps up just a few of the activities we've done around the house.



1 comment:

Kez said...

Love the life size whiteboard pictures!