Monday, February 15, 2010

Book Sharing Monday

 
 

Last winter Zoe fell in love with this book from our library. Many of you may recognize the name as a book by Jan Brett but this is a different author. I think I may have requested this from the library from old classic children's reading lists I use to follow.

The Mitten by Alvin Tresselt is a wonderful story about a little boy who is out collecting fire wood on a very cold winter day. Somehow he drops a mitten and one by one animals move in making it their home from the cold. By the way this book is written it illustrates how a very old Ukranian Folk tale was passed down from generation to generation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I've seen this book at the library, but never read it. We'll have to see if our library has it... It is still winter, after all! (Although I'm totally ready for spring books. ;)